My goal is to assist you in
achieving your freelance writing objectives in as little time as possible.
A Little History...
In the days of yore, I was a professional freelance writer. Life circumstances had changed, and self-employment offered me the opportunity to work according to my
day-to-day situation.
All of this is possible because I started my career as a professional freelance writer.
But it was a bumpy road in the beginning. Why? Because nowhere, despite hours of research, did I find solid advice about a freelance writer career.
So, I was on my own. One of the first lessons I learned as a freelance writer was...
Don't Be a Guppy
I quickly discovered a sharp learning curve. I worried incessantly
about marketing myself. How was I ever going to find gigs? Did I
even possess the knowledge and talent? I don't have a degree or
particular higher education. Was that an impediment?
There are sharks feeding in the pond of freelance writing gigs. I'm talking about employers, not writers. This guppy was easy
prey. I was a shark's dinner more than once.
Each time, it was
because I was ignorant of underhanded practices. Although I wasn't
too pleased at the time, I learned a valuable lesson. No shark ever ate
me twice for the same reason.
I don't want to give the impression all employers are carnivorous. There are plenty of clients looking for writers capable of presenting well-researched,
excellently written content.
A freelancer who provides quality work has a loyal clientele who comes to you with projects and assignments, rather
than the other way around. I accumulated a good share of these clients - to
the point where I hired freelance writers to assist me because my
workload became too heavy for one person.
Shark Bellies
There are tricks to the freelance writing trade, as with any
occupation. Many aspiring freelance writers attack willy-nilly hoping to
land a gig. It doesn't happen that way.
I will lead you through the process step-by-step on how I became
successful on freelance websites. Your bonus from my experiences is you will achieve success much faster than I did. I lost valuable time and earning potential in
shark bellies.
You Will Earn Income
There is money to be made in the freelance market. Freelance Writing Express focuses on avoidance of pitfalls, and
leads you through the process of establishing a successful career as a
professional freelance career.
I am not promising you will make a fortune;
that's unrealistic. But you can earn a very comfortable living. The effort you put into your career determines the benefits you reap.
There are several reasons why freelance writing is attractive:
- extra part-time money
- downsizing of traditional
occupations
- full-time career
- flexibility
- self-fulfillment as a
business owner
- unlimited achievements
- choose projects you want to write about
- personal growth
- global job opportunities
- pay the bills while you write
your best-selling fiction novel or nonfiction book (at least you're
still writing and refining your writing skills)
The list of potential freelance writers is only as limited as
your imagination:
- students
- stay-at-home parents
- those seeking a second source of income
- persons with disabilities
- writers who live to write
- retirees
![]() |
| Darlene Elizabeth Williams Author of Freelance Writing Express |
Freelance Writing Express - How to Earn $$$ Within Two Weeks is written
completely from my own experiences.
No degree is required. You can be a freelance writer with expertise based on your life experiences. An insatiable desire to write, willingness for self-growth, inquisitiveness, determination, and a professional attitude are all the attributes you need.
The process I set out to build a portfolio, gain a reputation and retain loyal clients is entirely of my own making. It is a "nuts and bolts" guidebook. Fluff and filler are not tricks I approve of in the freelance writing trade or Freelance Writing Express.
Starting a new career
is always intimidating. A little advice along the way can help
reduce stress and build confidence.
When is Freelance Writing Express Available?
Publication of Freelance Writing Express is
set for 2014.
Yes, I Can Help You Before the Book
is Published!
I offer a freelance writer mentoring program, consisting of four weekly
90 minutes sessions. This is a small investment in your career, which you will regain with
your first project. Every project thereafter is gravy.
Freelance Writer Mentoring Program
What to Expect
I initially spend time
with you via Skype to discover your personal freelance writing goals, while
still accommodating lifestyle desires, such as picking up your kids from
school, choosing when you go on vacation, working hours that suit you best.
Each writer has his or her unique vision for their career. Together
we can make your ideal career dreams become reality.
What You Will Learn
In my four 90 minute
mentoring sessions, you will learn, through the benefit of my knowledge
and expertise, how to:
- operate your freelance
writing career as a business;
- design an outstanding
profile;
- develop your expertise;
- research and write search
engine optimized web content;
- create an excellent
portfolio;
- write winning proposals;
- vet clients;
- select projects best suited
to your skills;
- navigate sources of income to
your best advantage.
Best of all, I
guarantee you will never write a single word for free.
Customized sessions can be arranged if you desire to focus on specific aspects. I offer this alternative to keep costs low.
Customized sessions can be arranged if you desire to focus on specific aspects. I offer this alternative to keep costs low.
Additionally, I
provide follow-up support via email for 2 months after the program.
*Bonus! Every student
receives a free copy of Freelance Writing Express upon
publication!*
How Do You Begin?
Kick-start your freelance
writing career with advance mentoring sessions prior to publication of Freelance Writing Express.
Contact Me:
Email darleneelizabethwilliams@outlook.com, and let's begin on your road to success as a freelance writer.
